Friday, May 8, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mom

My mom's birthday was yesterday. Last year, I got her a very thoughtful present, I thought. I got her a bunch of ridiculous fabric from the LA textiles district and brought it home after school was over for the summer with the idea that we could make a quilt together during the summer. She was less than thrilled. It turns out a quilt is a little more work than I had anticipated. I haven't had any recent updates on quilt status, but last I heard it was yet to be finished. I finished about half of it before I left for USC in the fall, and left my poor, overworked mother to finish the rest of it. Oh, and the quilt is for me. Haha. Great present, huh?

Anyway, she gave us a list this year. I wonder why! I bought her a much less-cumbersome present though, this year, with some help from my brothers, so I hope she likes it. She deserves much more than what I can afford to give her, but hopefully the sentimental gifts like our love, and the thought of a really nice gift, as opposed to an actual really nice gift, will suffice.

She also has it a little rough on presents because her birthday is always very close to Mother's Day, so of course she gets less than she would if these two days were spread out a little more. But gifts are a little silly once you get older; even for me, I have basically everything I really need. It's probably more important during this time just to show my mom that my brothers and I care about her and really appreciate her for everything she's done for us, like send us to college and raise us all that stuff. So, before the eyes of the world, thank you Mom. I love you. And I think Matthew and Jeff love you too. They haven't gone out of their way to tell me, but I think it's implied.

1 comment:

  1. I'm very proud of all of you and proud to call you my sons!

    ReplyDelete