Sunday, May 17, 2009

The End. Or Is It?


This is to be my last Queen Mary post. I know, sad, isn't it? But I'm fully installed back in my home now, so the magical adventure is officially over.

I'm very glad I studied abroad, and would recommend it to anyone. Well, unless there was someone I really didn't like, then I wouldn't recommend it to them because I wouldn't want them to have a good time. Ya, I feel it's necessary to point that out.

I'm really going to miss my London friends though. Dave, you were as good a friend as I could have asked for, and I hope you come and visit sometime. Antoine, if your English is good enough to read this, you were a great friend too, and made me run farther than I ever want to again. Lewis, I'm sorry I didn't get to say goodbye, thanks for being my friend. Georgina, haha, I'm sorry I didn't come upstairs to say goodbye, I'm going to miss you. Anushka...I love you. Yo Charlotte, what's up. All of you guys, and any other good British friends that I may have forgotten, or any USC kids I met over in London, and any USC kids I met in LA, or anybody really, should come to Oregon to visit. I have a great place for you to stay, and I would love to see you again. These pictures should entice you to come have a stay.

I went on a hike yesterday in the burly mountain wilderness which surrounds my hometown. The trail I found was too snowy to follow all the way to the top, so I turned around about halfway and took some pictures. On the way down, I took advantage of my lonely location and started belting out "Something" from The Beatles. "Something in the way she moves, Attracts me like no other lover, Something in the way she moo-ooves me, Don't wanna leave her now, Don't wanna leave her now, do do do do do do" As soon as I got to the highest 'do' and my voice cracked, I saw a guy standing on the path about thirty yards ahead, just staring at me. I promptly turned off the vocal pipes and apologized for the singing. Needless to say, it was a little awkward.

And on that note, I may continue to keep a blog. I haven't decided yet. I surely won't update it as often as I did this one, because my life probably won't be as exciting. But I'm positive my life will continue to contain more of those awkward moments than I know what to do with, and I think, the gift I have for creating unique, uncomfortable social situations needs to be shared with the world. So I might keep a blog in the future, and I'll put a link up here if I start a new one.

And that's the end. THE END. Roll credits: Director: Kevin Maloney, Producer: Kevin Maloney, Main Actor: Kevin Maloney, Lighting: Kevin Maloney, Typing: Kevin Maloney, Jokes: Definitely Kevin Maloney

3 comments:

  1. I'll miss your blogs. Is there a way to save them? Only your mother would ask.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, your grandmother. Can't you just keep posting about your very humdrum life in LA.?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll think about it. I probably will have another blog. I'll let you guys know.

    ReplyDelete