Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Free Phone

Today is my last full day in London. It’s hard to believe the time went so fast. I’ve been here for four and a half months, and it feels like I’ve spent hardly any time at all here. I’m sad to leave, but I’m very excited to get back home. I think I would like to live in London sometime in the future though. My appreciation for London grew, rather than shrank, as the semester went along. I will definitely return, and I hope that time comes sooner rather than later.

I had to run some errands today before leaving town, and Dave came with me. I love Dave. I love you, Dave. I’m going to miss you and your ways. We first went to the Beatles store and the Sherlock Holmes stores near Regent’s Park for some postcards and some gifts, and we walked around the park for awhile, looking at the flowers and the waterfowl. It wasn’t a very nice day, but that seems fitting. London should be in its most common state as I say goodbye to it.

After Regent’s Park, we got off the tube at Whitechapel. I wanted to sell my cell phone to someone in the market there. Little did I know, my cell phone is worthless. I asked five different guys and I was refused five times, all of them repressing a laugh when I asked them if they would buy it from me. The last man, when asked if he would accept it for free, just so I could be rid of it, refused, but helpfully pointed out a trashcan if I was desperate to leave it behind. Dave and I decided fashion was very expensive; which, in turn, is why my phone is worth nothing.

Next we went to Sainsbury’s so I could buy a supply of digestives to take with me to the United States. After much deliberation, I decided that nine packs, or roughly 180 cookies, would carry me pretty far. They cost three pounds, total. I’m going to miss digestives, but after today’s trip to the store, I won’t be missing them for at least another month.

I don’t have time to make this my last post, which should be appropriately gushy and meaningful, so I’ll save that for another time. And I’ll have to talk about my glorious return to the USA. Anyway, Dave and I are headed to the pub for our last meal. Goodbye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment